The latest title from Elite Dangerous maker Frontier Developments, F1 Manager 2022, was the third biggest-selling item on Steam last week.
The game made its debut last week in seventh place, having launched on August 30th, and has risen four places week-on-week. This follows Frontier landing the F1 license for management games back in March 2020.
The top seller for the week was – what else? – Valve's Steam Deck hardware, while second place goes to pre-orders for Destiny 2: Lightfall and its annual pass from Bungie again. Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered hangs in at fourth place, ahead of the Game of the Year Edition of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. That title clocked in at fifth, three places up from last week's No.8.
In sixth place is a newcomer in the Resident Evil Project W Chapter expansion for Dead by Daylight. That was released on August 30th and sees Resident Evil's Albert Wesker join the horror romp as a killer.
Cult of the Lamb from Devolver Digital drops two places to seventh place, while EA's Titanfall 2 returns to the Top Ten at No.8 thanks to an 84 per cent price drop. Pre-orders for the upcoming and controversial Hogwarts Legacy remained in ninth place, ahead of Red Dead Redemption 2 which rounds off the Top Ten.
Here is the Steam Top Ten for the week ending September 3rd:
1. Steam Deck, Valve
2. Destiny 2: Lightfall + Annual Pass, Bungie (P)
3. F1 Manager 2022, Frontier Developments
4. Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered, Sony
5. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Game of the Year Edition, Activision
6. Dead by Daylight - Resident Evil: Project W Chapter
7. Cult of the Lamb, Devolver Digital
8. Titanfall 2, EA
9. Hogwarts Legacy, Warner Bros (P)
10. Red Dead Redemption 2, Rockstar