Steam has revealed its top 20 game releases for June 2019.
The list is compiled of games released in June, with the top 20 being determined by how much revenue the games made within the first two weeks of release.
Nearly half of the titles on this list are the developers’ first game on Steam, including Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night developed by ArtPlay, Aurora Studio’s Ring of Elysium and Vladimir Romanyuk’s SpaceEngine.
Some teams have spent time creating games for mobile or console, while other developers on this list are new and working on their first projects.
The success of titles such as Pro Cycling Manager 2019 and F1 2019 Anniversary Edition is likely related to the sporting events upon which they are based. The Tour De France kicked off just days after the release of Pro Cycling Manager, while many people are following the current Formula One season.
Seven of these titles either entered or left Early Access in the month of June, further showing the benefits of a development model involving player feedback.
The following list is in order of release date.
- Trover, Squanch Game
- Barotrauma, Daedalic Entertainment
- Hell Let Loose, Team 17 Digital
- Cooking Simulator, PlayWay S.A.
- Octopath Traveller, Square Enix
- Koikatsu Party, Illusion
- SpaceEngine, Vladimir Romanyuk
- They are Billions, Numantian Games
- Police Simulator: Patrol Duty, Bigmoon Entertainment
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, 505 Games
- Amid Evil, New Blood Interactive
- Steel Division 2, Eugen Systems
- My Friend Pedro, DeadToast Entertainment
- Muse Dash, PeroPeroGames
- Super Neptunia RPG, Idea Factory International
- Ring of Elysium, TCH Scarlet Limited
- Hardcore Mecha, RocketPunch Games
- F1 2019 Anniversary Edition, Codemasters
- Pro Cycling Manager 2019, Bigben Interactive
- Nine Trials