The latest expansion for Bungie's Destiny – Lightfall – has made its debut in the Steam Top Ten and brought the base game with it.
The new chapter in the sci-fi shooter was the eighth-highest game by revenue for the week, while the free-to-play Destiny 2 was the third. Valve's Counter-Strike: Global Offensive rises one place to the No.1 spot, possibly driven by rumours that not only a sequel is in the works, but that a beta for this new addition is imminent.
Sons of the Forest drops down one place to second, while Valve's Steam Deck hardware shoots up five positions to No.4. Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, a new action RPG from Koei Tecmo, makes its Steam debut in fifth, coming in ahead of Hogwarts Legacy, which has dropped two places to No.6.
Apex Legends falls four places to seventh, likely the result of hype surrounding the recently-released Revelry season of content subsiding, while Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 returns to the Top Ten at ninth.
Rounding out the charts is battle royale title PUBG: Battlegrounds, which has dropped two positions.
Here is the Steam Top Ten for the week ending March 7th:
1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Valve
2. Sons of the Forest, Endnight Games
3. Destiny 2, Bungie
4. Steam Deck, Valve
5. Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, Koei Tecmo
6. Hogwarts Legacy, Warner Bros
7. Apex Legends, Respawn Entertainment
8. Destiny 2: Lightfall, Bungie
9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Activision
10. PUBG: Battlegrounds, Krafton