Bethesda's Action-adventure title Dishonored will be made into a tabletop RPG.
As revealed on Twitter (below), UK based company RPG, miniatures and board game company Modiphius will design the new game.
"We're incredibly excited to announce that we're designing the #Dishonored 2d20 #rpg game based on the BAFTA award-winning video game series by @ArkaneStudios and in partnership with @Bethesda," said Modiphius.
Nathan Dowdell - known for Star Trek Adventures and Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of - will write the rule book. He has a particular focus on fast-paced storytelling. The team behind the board game is being led by Federico Sohns - known for Nibiru RPG.
The game will be released in a 300-page hardcover book, it will feature cards, dice and "other accessories to add to the experience"
According to Modiphius' website, the book will include:
- An introduction to the Empire of the Isles, and an in-depth look at its history, its people and the struggles they face.
- A step-by-step guide to play the role of the Protagonists: from grim assassins and rugged criminals to intrepid explorers and stoic crown loyalists.
- A host of antagonists and a myriad different story hooks to inspire you, from the harsh, cold lands of Tyvia to sunny Karnaca.
- Insight on the strange nature of the Void, as well as rules to harness its reality-bending powers.
- "The Oil Trail", a mini-campaign in four acts that serves as a perfect introduction to the City of Dunwall.
- A streamlined narrative edition of the Modiphius 2d20 game system.
In 2018, it was confirmed by Arkane lead designer Ricardo Bare that the Dishonoured series would be put on the shelf for a while. However, the studio is looking at multiplayer potential for future games.
We're incredibly excited to announce that we're designing the #Dishonored 2d20 #rpg game based on the BAFTA award-winning video game series by @ArkaneStudios and in partnership with @Bethesda. You can find out more and sign up for news here - https://t.co/bsexnaffT7 pic.twitter.com/ilTdO2UDlk— Modiphius (@Modiphius) January 22, 2020