Review aggregator site Metacritic has revealed the 15 highest-reviewing games of 2019.
The site website has placed Capcom’s Resident Evil 2 remake as the highest performing new title of the year. The survival horror title received the biggest launch on Steam for the entire series.
In second place was Sekiro: Shadow’s Die Twice by From Software, followed by Shadowbringers, the DLC for Final Fantasy XIV. Taking the fourth spot is a second Capcom title, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - the DLC will come to PC in January 2020.
Rounding off the top 5 is hit indie title Disco Elysium by ZA/UM - which reached the top of the Steam charts upon release.
Nintendo holds four places in this year’s top 15 games - Fire Emblem: Three Houses in eighth place, Super Mario Maker 2 at No.12, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening takes the 14th spot and finally, Astral Chain rounds of the list at No.15.
You can find the top 15 games of 2019 for Metacritic below:
- Resident Evil 2, Capcom - Metascore: 93
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Activision - Metascore: 91
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, square Enix - Metascore: 91
- Monster Hunter: World – Iceborne, Capcom - Metascore: 90
- Disco Elysium, ZA/UM - Metascore: 90
- F1 2019, Codemasters - Metascore: 89
- Devil May Cry V, Capcom - Metascore: 89
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Nintendo - Metascore: 89
- Slay the Spire, Humble Bundle - Metascore: 89
- Apex Legends, Electronic Arts - Metascore: 89
- Asgard’s Wrath, Oculus Studios - Metascore: 88
- Super Mario Maker 2, Nintendo - Metascore: 88
- Baba is You, Hempuli Oy and Arvi Teikari - Metascore: 87
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, Nintendo - Metascore: 87
- Astral Chain, Nintendo - Metascore: 87