The latest entry in the long-running Age of Empires franchise was the best-selling game on Steam last week.
Age of Empires IV made its debut on October 28th and wasted no time in taking over the Steam Top Ten. The title was the best-selling item on the platform while pre-orders for the strategy release came in second place. This is all despite the fact that Age of Empires IV is available in Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass subscription service.
The No.3 spot went to Amazon's MMO New World, while Warner Bros' co-op shooter Back 4 Blood dropped from first place to fourth week-on-week.
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy made its debut in fifth amid a positive critical reception, ahead of pre-orders for Sega's Football Manager 2022. Inscryption from Devolver Digital fell from fourth to eighth week-on-week, ahead of pre-orders for Forza Horizon 5, which dropped one place to No.9 over the course of the week.
Valve's Index VR Kit rounds off the charts in tenth place.
Here is the Steam Top Ten for the week ending October 30th:
1. Age of Empires IV, Xbox Game Studios
2. Age of Empires IV – Pre-order, Xbox Game Studios
3. New World, Amazon
4. Back 4 Blood, Warner Bros
5. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Square Enix
6. Football Manager 2022, Sega (P)
8. Inscryption, Devolver Digital
9. Forza Horizon 5, Xbox Game Studios (P)
10. Valve Index VR Kit, Valve