Swedish games publisher Paradox Interactive is holding a sale of its games on Steam to raise money to help the fight against the COVID-19 coronavirus.
The Stockholm-based company will donate the sale proceeds from more than 20 of its games to the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the United Nations Foundation. The fundraiser will be taking place until April 3rd 6pm BST and includes titles from the company's Battletech, Cities: Skylines, Hearts of Iron, Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun, and Surviving Mars IPs.
For those who wish to take part and take a look at the games on offer, you can do so through Paradox's Steam page.
Below is a list of games included in the fundraiser:
- Battletech Digital Deluxe Edition
- Battletech Mercenary Collection
- Cities: Skylines
- Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
- Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet Edition
- Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel Edition
- Knights of Pen and Paper 2
- Knights of Pen and Paper 2 Deluxe Edition
- Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition
- Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition
- Shadowrun Returns
- Shadowrun Returns Deluxe
- Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut
- Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition
- Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition Deluxe
- Surviving Mars
- Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
- Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
- Tyranny Deluxe Edition
- Tyranny Standard Edition
Many companies and individuals have donated money and revenue proceedings to help fight COVID-19. This month, Rockstar Games revealed five per cent of income from GTA Online and Red Dead online would go towards helping small businesses and others that are affected.
Furthermore, Riot Games has pledged $1.5 million to help fight the disease in Los Angeles. Meanwhile, CD Projekt Red gave $950,000 to help people in Poland.