The follow-up to Larian’s smash hit Divinity: Original Sin has hit shelves and gone straight to the No.2 spot in the Steam charts.
The title comes in second place behind – you guessed it – Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds . Divinity charting at the No.2 spot should come as no surprise given that pre-orders for the game were the fourth most-purchased item on the store the week before.
SteamCharts data also shows that the game had a peak concurrent player count of 85,152. Much like its predecessor, the title was a Kickstarter project, which raised more than $2m when it took to the crowdfunding platform in 2015.
Basketball title NBA 2K18 comes in at third place ahead of Counter-Strike: GO. Meanwhile, Dark Souls III due to publisher Bandai Namco more than halving the price of the notoriously hard dark fantasy title.
Last week’s second place, Nier Automata, has dropped five places to No.7, as did XCOM 2: War of the CHosen, which comes in at the No.8 spot.
Brand new standalone expansion for Dishonored – Death of the Outsider – charts at ninth place ahead of fellow Bethesda title, Skyrim Special Edition.
Below is the Steam Top Ten for the week ending September 17th:
1. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, Bluehole
2. Divinity: Original Sin 2, Larian Studios
3. NBA 2K18, 2K Games
4. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Valve
5. Dark Souls III, Bandai Namco
6. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar Games
7. Nier Automata, Square Enix
8. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, 2K Games
9. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, Bethesda
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, Bethesda