To no-one’s surprise, Early Access battle royale title Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds is once again top of the Steam charts.
The title continues its reign in pole position with sales rocketing past 6m, according to data from SteamSpy.
Second place goes to Snail Games’ Dark and Light. This title took the NO.3 spot last week having launched fresh into Early Access. The ever-present Counter-Strike: Global Offensive holds third position, ahead of Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 from Playway. This game was in fifth place last week, climbing one position over the last seven days.
Early Access military MMO title Foxhole deploys to fifth place, having launched in Early Access on July 27th.
It comes in ahead of fellow Early Access darling, The Long Dark from Hinterlands, which charts at No.8 having launched out of Early Access last week. There’s also a film for that title in the works.
Pre-orders for Total War: Warhammer II were the seventh most-purchased item on Steam, this week, too.
Meanwhile last week’s No.4, Citadel: Forged with Fire, falls six places to No.10.
Below is the Steam Top Ten for the week ending August 6th:
1. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, Bluehole
2. Dark and Light, Snail Games
3. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Valve
4. Car Mechanic Simulator 2018, Playway
5. Foxhole, Clapfoot
6. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
7. Total War: Warhammer II (P), Sega
8. The Long Dark, Hinterland
9. H1Z1: King of the Kill, Daybreak Game Company
10. Citadel: Forged in Fire, Blue Isle Studios