Brand new strategy IP Humankind from publishing giant Sega and its Amplitude Studios was the best-selling game on Steam last week.
The much-anticipated title launched on August 17th and shot straight to the top of the charts, deposing last week's No.1 holder, battle royale game Naraka: Bladepoint. That project, from Chinese publisher NetEase and developer 24 Entertainment, dropped to second place in its second week out in the wild.
Valve's Index VR Kit came in fourth place, while the Deluxe Edition of Doom Eternal takes No.5 thanks to a QuakeCon sale on Bethesda titles. That also helped the Crown Packs of in-game currency for The Elder Scrolls Online chart in sixth, while Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition came in ninth.
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 from PlayWay takes seventh place, coming in ahead of Twelve Minutes from indie publisher Annapurna Interactive.
Here is the Steam Top Ten for the week ending August 21st:
1. Humankind, Sega
2. Naraka: Bladepoint, NetEase
4. Valve Index VR Kit, Valve
5. Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition, Bethesda
6. The Elder Scrolls Online - Crown Packs, Bethesda
7. Car Mechanic Simulator 2021, PlayWay
8. Twelve Minutes, Annapurna
9. Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition, Bethesda