The latest entry in Capcom's Resident Evil franchise has taken the top spot on Steam following its launch.
Village – aka Resident Evil 8 – debuted on Friday, May 7th, with pre-orders having previously been the eighth highest-selling item on Steam in the previous week. Pre-order bundles that come with 2017's Resident Evil 7 came in sixth and seventh place, too.
Pre-orders for Hood: Outlaws & Legends from developer Sumo Digital and publisher Focus Home Interactive was the second highest-selling item of the week. The title actually launches today (Monday, May 10th).
Battle royale hit Playerunknown's Battlegrounds was No.1 last week, but drops to the No.3 spot, while Hazelight's co-op romp It Takes Two falls on place to fourth. Valve's Index VR headset comes in fifth place, ahead of the SOG Prairie Fire DLC for military shooter Arma 3 from Bohemia Interactive at No.8.
Pre-orders for the updated Legendary Edition of BioWare's Mass Effect games came in ninth place, while Nier Automata rounds off the Top Ten in tenth place. That title returned to the charts off the back of the remake of Nier Replicant, which has dropped out of the rankings this week.
Here is the Steam Top Ten for the week ending May 8th:
1. Resident Evil Village, Capcom
2. Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Focus Home Interactive (P)
3. Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, PUBG Studio
4. It Takes Two, EA
5. Valve Index VR, Valve
6. Resident Evil Village + Resident Evil 7, Capcom
7. Resident Evil Village + Resident Evil 7 Complete Edition, Capcom
8. Arma 3 Creator DLC: SOG Prairie Fire, Bohemia Interactive
9. Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, EA (P)
10. Nier Automata, Square Enix