Pre-orders for Monster Hunter: World’s long-awaited PC port have landed a critical hit at the top of this week’s Steam Top Ten.
The most recent entry in the long-running Monster Hunter franchise dropped on consoles in January, with a PC port only taking a good 6 months to land on PC. That half-year wait doesn’t seem to have killed excitement, as the port snatches the No.1 spot this week. The game’s Deluxe Kit upgrade follows a few places below at No.8.
Popping its parachute at No.3 is PUBG competitor Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale. The sci-fi take on the genre opened into Early Access last Thursday - with genre rivals like The Culling 2 and Radical Heights falling flat, time will tell if Islands of Nyne can carve its own space but it looks like the title has had a positive start.
A different sort of monster wrangler entirely, Jurassic World Evolution moves up one space to take No.6 in this week’s chart. Managing parks and recreation is a popular pastime this week, as Frontier’s other tycoon, Planet Coaster, closes out at No.10.
Finally, this week’s survival spot goes to Raft, floating in at seventh place.
Below is the Steam Top Ten for the week ending July 14th.
1. Monster Hunter: World, Capcom
2. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, PUBG Corp
3. Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale, Define Human Studios
4. Event Pass: Sanhok, PUBG Corp
5. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
6. Jurassic World Evolution, Frontier Developments
7. Raft, Axolot Games
8. Monster Hunter: World - Deluxe Kit, Capcom
9. Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Valve
10. Planet Coaster, Frontier Developments