Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds is still of the Steam ranks, but we have a new entry in third place.
The Escapists 2 from Moudly Toof and publisher Team17 debuts at the No.3 spot – this follows the 2015 release of the first Escapists game, which was a critical hit for publisher Team17.
Second place goes to Grand Theft Auto V, unsurprisingly, while Counter-Strike comes in a fourth position.
Codemasters latest F1 game debuts at No.5, while Bethesda’s Early Access shooter Quake Champions starts off life at sixth place. That’s not the only title from Bethesda in the charts, either. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition charted at seventh place, while Prey came in at No.8.
Pre-orders for the latest expansion for 2K’s sci-fi strategy game, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, charts at ninth place, ahead of pre-orders for Total War: Warhammer II, which is set to launch next month.
Below is the Steam Top Ten for the week ending August 27th:
1. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, Bluehole
2. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
3. The Escapists 2, Team17
4. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Valve
5. F1 2017, Codemasters
6. Quake Champions, Bethesda
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, Bethesda
8. Prey, Bethesda
9. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, 2K Games
10. Total War: Warhammer II, Sega