Early Access battle royale darling Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds might still be top the Steam charts, but a number of new titles have joined it in the Top Ten this week.
The highest-ranking new game is Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator made by YouTube sensation Game Grumps. This title has been talked about a great deal on social media, and is the latest in a line of comedy dating simulator titles.
That game comes in ahead of Dark and Light, a new survival-based RPG that hit Early Access last week. This is the Steam debut of Snail Games.
Dark and Light isn’t the only new game to make the Top Ten, either. Kingdoms and Castles from Lion Shield comes in at No.10.
Unsurprisingly, CS:GO is in the Top Ten, this week coming in at No.4, ahead of a merchandise bundle for the PGL 2017 Krakow Major Championship, which reached No.7.
Doom returns to the Top Ten at No.6, likely due to the news that all DLC for the title would now be free. Meanwhile, pre-orders for Total War: Warhammer II were the fifth most purchased item on Steam this week. The title – made by RTS gurus Creative Assembly – is set to launch in September. It follows in the footsteps of 2016’s Total War: Warhammer, which was the fastest-selling entry in the series to date, shifting half a million units in its first week.
Below is the Steam Top Ten for the week ending July 23rd:
1. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, Bluehole
2. Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator, Game Grumps
3. Dark and Light, Snail Games
4. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Valve
5. Total War: Warhammer II, Sega
6. Doom, Bethesda
7. PGL 2017 Krakow CS:GO Major Championship Mega Bundle, Valve
8. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
9. H1Z1: King of the Kill, Daybreak Game Company
10. Kingdoms and Castles, Lion Shield