At Big Fish Games we collaborate with internal and partner studios around the world to publish the best casual games. As a Build Automation Architect, you will be working closely with all the partners and engineering groups in Big Fish Games to deliver best in class processes and tools to build and release games to our players, driving the development team to deliver at the highest quality and efficiency levels the products and features to cover the needs of the users and align with the business objectives. You will work closely with other architects to create a culture of continuous improvement, quality and a consistent publishing ecosystem.
- Collaborate closely with product owners and business stakeholders to create, maintain, and prioritize backlogs, epics, tasks, aligning them with technology organization objectives
- Work closely with Product owners, directors, and project managers to design technical solutions, standards and guidelines.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Analyze existing processes for opportunities for increased automation and efficiency
- Maintain existing systems with bug fixes, feature enhancements, planned version updates and other normal operations tasks
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design and quality
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Inspire and motivate our engineering teams to deliver with a sense of purpose exciting new solutions.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with finance teams to understand and plan recharges, costs, and investments
- Ensure release artifacts are provided on schedule
- Write technical docs on systems and procedures
- Research solutions to new challenges
- Provide accurate estimates and delegate tasks on projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or its equivalent
- 5+ years of experience leading engineers in software development
- 5+ years of Unity games development experience
- Experience in Technical Design and Requirements Engineering.
- Experience working in Jenkins including Jenkins Pipelines and Jenkins Configuration as Code
- Experience with Docker Containerization
- Shipped successful mobile apps at scale
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Strong experience with source control
- Comfortable working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experienced Continuous Integration and Automated Test Development
- Solid knowledge of the SDLC.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Management of development and delivery with a geographically distributed team.
- Strong communication skills to effectively convey product vision and priorities to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills to navigate and resolve complex issues.