Level Artist (Mob) (Game & Level Design)
Artist - Game Design - Shanghai, China
|Job Title||Level Artist (Mob) (Game & Level Design)|
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
This Senior 3D (Level) Artist in mobile team is responsible for the graphical content of one or several basic game levels and must ensure that his/her work can be successfully integrated, taking the technological limits and artistic direction into account.
- Becomes familiar with game design documents so as to know the environments, objects, atmospheres, story, and style in order to build his/her own level(s).
- Becomes familiar with the visual references and respect the chosen artistic direction.
- Participates in the search of precise graphic references that are specific to his/her game level(s).
- Creates documents that list and present the graphical content of the levels (objects, environments, atmosphere, lighting, styles, etc.).
- Help establish the modeling and texture needs, place the order with the map modelers and texture’s, and follow up on the progress and quality of the work with the PM-modeling.
- Helps estimate, after assessing level content with the PM – modeling, the working time and plan tasks per priority and per level.
- Modeling 3D environments optimized for mobile devices, be able to create quality benchmark for both 3d model and level.
- Creating textures in different resolutions for specific devices.
- Communicate with outsourcing vendors, give guidance and review their modeling delivery.
- 6+ working experience as 3D Artist in game industry, 2+ working experience as Level Artist.
- At least 1 successful shipping game.
- Excellent level creation ability and good modeling skill.
- Familiar with Game engine work flow, good at Unity3D recent graphic technology include lighting, material/shade and optimization…
- Strong skills in 3DS Max, Zbrush, proficient with Photoshop.
- Good drawing skills. Excellent eye for color, shape and composition, good at hand draw texture.
- Has experience or knowledge of lighting, special effects and other graphical aspects.
- Understanding of the game development process.
- Knowledge of mobile art techniques for advanced optimization.
- Passion for the industry and an understanding of market trends and styles.
- Ability to work well with a team, but also organized and independent.
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations.
- Being capable of self-management, accurately estimating time to complete tasks, giving realistic, achievable timescales and managing priorities to meet deadlines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
|Date Posted||2 June 2020|